Looking for emission or process control monitoring solutions in the Power/ Utility industry?
Are you taking advantage of successful monitoring capabilities in all areas of your plant using Bag Leak Detection Systems and Solids Flow Monitoring?
Please see this overview with examples of how triboelectric bag leak detection systems (unified with upgraded DC / AC technological improvements) are being used by others in your industry
Electrostatic/triboelectric (TRIBO) bag leak detection systems, emission monitors and solids flow monitors effectively measure particulate and dust emissions, and dry solids flow in the power/utility industry. The proprietary core technology, TRIBO.dsp, unifies DC impaction (triboelectric) and AC induction electrostatic signals for superior accuracy, reliability, and repeatability:
- Monitors the emissions from large multi-compartment fabric filter baghouses on coal fired boilers or FGD systems
- Monitors the emissions of Electrostatic Precipitators (ESP’s) on coal fired boilers or FGD systems (in the past this was quite difficult as AC only or DC only monitoring would not provide stable enough signal)
- Helps optimize the operation of ESPs by monitoring particulate flow and helping plant determine how best to economize Power consumption, thus offering substantial cost savings
- Monitors the emissions of fly ash conveying systems and baghouses
- Verifies the injection of activated carbon or lime into the flue gas stream
- Indicates quick location of the leak for rapid response, eliminating labor expense and avoiding excursions
- Detects very early warning of particulate emissions, allowing for proactive maintenance and scheduling before reaching high (excursion) level alarms
As dust particles collide with, or closely pass by a probe, charge transfers occur. Tribo.dsp series products detect the signal created by the changes in particulate concentration, as in the onset of a bag leak or an increase or decrease in flow. Unlike monitors that use only the DC or only the AC induction signals, thereby using only a portion of the complete electrostatic signal, TRIBO.dsp unified 3000 series combines the benefits of each method, providing the user with a superior reliable and repeatable signal, with electrical interference resistance - even in harsh industrial environments. They can activate operational functions such as alarms and relays or can generate continuous 4-20 mA or digital signals for trending and recording purposes.
As technology advances specific to triboelectric electrostatic bag leak detection systems, so does its ability to offer solutions in environments where old and outdated technology can fail. We encourage you to allow us to share our experience in the power/utility industry to help solve emission and process monitoring needs at your facility. Visit our website or give us a call!
For more information on how to best monitor your power and utility plants check out our